Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin EIDW Liveatc feed needs a new home.

Options
  • 17-04-2024 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Due to an unexpected change in my life, my time hosting EIDW liveatc has come to an end.

I will have to shut down by May 10th and looking to see if anyone wants to take it over.

The equipment just needs an ethernet connection, mains power and an antenna location.

Obviously has to be near the airport to pick up ground ops and tower.

The equipment is complete, 2 by SDRs 1 tabletop scanner, a Raspberry Pi various sound cards and leads and 2 antennas and splitters.

I won't include the North tower scanner but the sound card and lead are, or the Nth twr could be put on the multi channel.

it's plug and play and is configured to Liveatc servers.

That's it folks, I hope someone takes it on as it's a nice resource to have about the place.

Anyone interested give me a shout by PM or I'll try to answer any questions here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Psychlops

I am sorry to hear this, if this is a serious issue I wish you the best & if it is health related I wish you a speedy recovery, thank you for hosting it thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭LimaRomeo990

hope everything’s ok. Wish you all the best. Thanks SO SO much for providing the feeds. It’s been great

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭tb66

Sorry to hear you have to stop.After your antenna fell in late Jan, I finally bit the bullet and contacted Dave in Live ATC and got a 6 frequency multifeed and Twr Nth/Sth EIDW feed up.I would love to take it all on but cannot figure out sdr nor Ras Pi.Dont want to take on something I cannot fix.

Hopefully someone will take all the single feeds onboard, but I will keep the two feeds I have running.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭donkey balls

How close would you have to live to the airport to pick up the different frequency?

My old transceiver use to be able to pick up Dub ATIS and tower from the house, i live under the flight path of RWY 10R/28L.

Totally depends on location and antenna.Your most likely in D13 or D15 area,which is great,and within the suggested distance, but most likely will need an outdoor antenna to receive ground comms.Depending on your location it may not need to be roof mounted but most likely outdoor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Bumpstop

Just to say not health related or anything bad.

Yes this is spot on, the recommended distance is within 15Km I think, but height plays a good part too.

@tb66 there is not a lot of knowledge needed the rasp pi and sdr's can be configured remotely by liveatc.

Dave is a great help too, it's all easy enough to set up, the biggest problems I had were constant power cuts and windy location.

I have an sdr somewhere and I just gave up with it.Linux and Ras Pi😫 ..Ill stick with windows. I know Dave is very helpfull but where my setup is in utility room, I only have wifi.Still 3 weeks so hopefully someone will step in,if not pm me or post here and we sort something out. I have spare scanner but keeping incase one of the active ones dies but I would defo take a scanner and usb sound card and stick another feed up if no one steps in.

Advertisement