Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Reindeer- Netflix

Options
  • 16-04-2024 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

Anyone watching this? It’s like nothing I’ve seen. It’s about a man working in a bar in London who begins being stalked, and forms a very messed up relationship with her. I’m one episode from the end and it’s absolutely nuts!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭penno

Yep, just finished it and found it excellent. Very different from anything I've seen. Found it both very funny and engaging(slight Peepshow vibe off it) Got to love his honesty, he was a bit of a moth to a flame himself.

Bizarre stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Messi19

Incredible. Absolutely incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭TokTik

Watched the entire series yesterday after work. Dark, grim, gripping, shocking. Brilliant television.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭archfi

Yeah, watched it all Sunday - at certain points I wasn't at all empathising with Gadd like why keep going back to the guy's flat and his eventual obsession with the insane stalker but overall the honesty of the writing in showing what he went through and why he kept going back was a triumph in trying to understand the whys.

Very good though harrowing at times.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,098 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What did I just watch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭squonk

watched episode 1 last night. I’m just not getting why he’s ignoring all the signs and just going along. Surely at some point self preservation has to kick in.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It starts to make more sense as it goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,269 ✭✭✭Damien360

Binge watched all the episodes. Brilliant TV. I was the same as a few posters above asking why he didn't see the signs early on but it makes sense later. Her acting was superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 andy6

Based on a true story..

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭1wizards sleeve

V v good, highly recommend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Did the TV writer guy ever get prosecuted?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

First decent show to appear on Netflix in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭terminator74

outstanding TV. It plunges into the the dark recesses of stalking and sexual abuse while managing some level of humour. Gadd is to be commended for this incredibly open and deeply personal reflection on what was a horrific experience. Best thing on Netflix in a long long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

it was a tough watch in some episodes.

Nava Mau is gorgeous

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭cgcsb

It was really fantastic. I was annoyed at him at times for letting things go way too far with marta and the guy who gave him drugs but its only near the end you really start to understand the self destructive behaviour, it is all about getting a bit of validation and I think it's something that nearly everyone can identify with especially in that 20s early 30s finding ones self era. Great show.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Brilliant TV. I'd love to have seen his play. (but maybe not his stand-up!)

Gadd should really be commended for this. Unflinching honesty doesn't even come close. Martha and Darrien, and the rest of the cast also brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

His name has leaked online and he's left his job. Could be wrong name though.

Part of me thinks his motive was for material.

I know that's insensitive but that's how comedians think.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Petermc83

Really good tv.. albeit sometimes hard to watch in places. I just cannot believe that Gadd had the courage to star in it himself.

Must have been a harrowing experience to have gone though it all in the first place… then write the play… and then star in the show!! wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭fluke

A tough watch, but brilliant. Talk about something being multi-layered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭squonk

have to stick to one episode a night. It’s too intense to binge I think. Well done to the actor playing Marta. She does a very scary crazy.

She's a phenomenal actress.

Hopefully this will launch her career to another level.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Petermc83

seen a rumour going around that the actual stalker is a man. What’s everyone’s thoughts on that?!

Gadd said they did everything possible to try and ensure that the real stalker could not be identified by the fictional character protrayed in the show.. it makes a small bit of sense. However it doesn’t really play into his confusion over his sexuality throughout the storyline

• Registered Users Posts: 33,007 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

She was class, stole the show.

She is also fantastic in The Outlaws on the BBC iplayer. Very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭apache

I cancelled my Netflix account a few months ago. Would I be able to get this on the Firestick? Looks like it could be good.

It's on the Firestick. Just starting it now.

Post edited by apache on

The actual stalker has been outed online.

Can't be certain obviously but too many coincidences for it not to be her.

She even tweeted at Richard Gadd to hang her curtains.

One of the best performances I've seen in anything.

I can see her career going up a level to American TV shows and films.

If they were to remake "Misery", she'd be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭TokTik

Real stalker has been found online. She isn’t much different to the character in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,133 ✭✭✭plodder

Started watching it two nights ago and finding it already a cut above the usual Netflix schlock. After two eps, the three main characters are incredibly engaging. I did wonder about the real life implications for the woman concerned (and Gadd's motives behind the whole project - have to add he really has a reindeer look off him), but don't want to delve into that until I've seen it all. Looking forward to the rest of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kegg

Probably the best thing I've seen on Netflix.

Advertisement