Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forever Young Festival 2023 - Have you received a refund?

Options
  • 16-04-2024 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

Myself and my wife booked tickets to attend the 'Forever Young' festival near Naas, County Kildare last July. We booked a day (Saturday) ticket.

Due to the wet weather, all day tickets were cancelled at the last minute.

The event organisers promised to refund the tickets. Months have since dragged by and the last (general) email from them was sent out in October... again promising a refund as soon as they receive a rebate from Revenue (or words to that effect). Since then ..silence.

Has anybody received their refund?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭con747

It was highlighted in RTE's new programme "The complaints Bureau" a week or so ago and they got someone a refund but I doubt most will see any money back. I hope you all do though!

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Silvera

Thanks for your reply.

I looked up a couple of episodes of that RTE programme. Neither mentioned the 'Forever Young Festival'. A husband and wife who featured in one episode got a Tickmaster refund related to a different music event / concert.

Was 'Forever Young' specifically mentioned on the programme you watched?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭rockterrain

The organisation of that festival seems a shambles. Know a couple of people who went last year and they said not even basic adverse weather mitigation measures were in place. They're also looking to raise a million quid in crowd funding to keep the festival alive. Surely that's the risk of being a promoter? It shouldn't be up to the general public to bail them out. I'd be wary of that investment opportunity. Hope people get their refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 goodtiming

My wife and I paid €500 for the Saturday hotel package and were told on the morning not to travel and that we would be refunded.

I've emailed them numerous times and they haven't even responded with a generic email. It's an absolute disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

Forever young was meant as a fundraiser for an animal charity.

A little bird tells me that the lady running it has lost everything on this and their home is at risk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,197 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Can you not just do chargebacks on the cards used to buy the tickets?

Good idea. I must look into it.

Though a quick google search suggests that chargebacks must be done within 180 days

• Registered Users Posts: 39 goodtiming

This might be why they made such a big deal of asking for patience and promising to have refunds sorted once they were given the space to deal with things. it never occurred to me that I'd have to charge it back….I assumed they were being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I think they are honest, but probably inexperienced and haven't figured out how to proceed. They were very unlucky with the very extreme weather that weekend.

I've only been once for one day - I don't do camp- and thought it is a good festival. But between the distance and the ticket price, I easily need more than 150 euro ( + food) and having seen most names that attract the festival, it's not worth it.

Wishing them best of luck - and best of luck to anyone waiting for their refunds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Ashfield_House

We are all in the same boat - no refunds - and no acknowldegement of refund requests and updates. Seeing that the two Directors of Forever Young resigned in Oct 2023 - our money is gone - Dr Sharon Alston and Naoimi Shairp have walked away from MUSIC FOR ANIMAL WELFARE LIMITED !! See the CRO document. Anyone know a good "Joe Duffy Journalist"?

I received a reply from Dr Sharon Alston three weeks ago. Effectual stating that the charity are still awaiting a rebate from Revenue - from which they hope to issue refunds.

Why would she reply if she resigned in October 2023?

Advertisement