Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splash it attachment for dribble bar

Options
  • 16-04-2024 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Has anyone used the Splash it attachment on their dribble bar ? Just wondering what you thought of them.

There are also metal type attachment for a dribble bar called Splashers which are made of steel .

Are the steel Splashers ones better than the plastic Splash it ones ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭DBK1

I haven’t seen them working in the flesh and I don’t know of anyone with them but from looking at the video of them working they’d have to be an improvement on the lines of dried up slurry that’s left on top of the ground to be mixed in with your silage crop. Especially if the slurry is thick or being spread in dry weather, no such problems there this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭MANSFIELD

Yes they seem to spread out the slurry better going on a video I have seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭dmakc

How much are they

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Who2

it’s getting very complicated for what essentially is spreading muck out in a field. What a 40 or 50 euro splash plate has been replaced by a 15000 euro piece of equipment that now needs extras so someone can feel better about us not hurting the environment and all the while trying to convince us we get a couple of extra units of nitrogen so that we aren’t just wasting time and money so that someone makes a killing.
    Sorry about the rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

• Advertisement
Advertisement