Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin airport parking.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

I'd be interested in hearing about them too, if anyone has used them before?

We've a holiday spanning late June/early July. We normally use the red car park at the airport, and price is coming in at around €160. The 'Park and Ride' option with this crowd is just €62 for the same dates.

However, they don't give any indication of parking location, and with our flight home arriving into Dublin close to 1 a.m., I'm not convinced they really would be running a shuttle bus every ten minutes on a 24/7 basis. Anybody know anything about them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

No experience with them but doubt many people have TBH

Few red flags for me……

Amateurish website (grammar & spelling) with very few details & only an email contact. No address…..nothing, although there is a "chat" feature on the website

Claiming 5+ years experience but never heard of them & other figures look dodgy (e.g. 1500+ bookings a month & 190k customers)

Website was only registered on 12th March

No reviews or testimonials anywhere to be seen

No indication of where the "yard" is, other than "close to airport"

Terms and condition seem generic and reference "English law"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,271 ✭✭✭✭ted1

the misses has used these and would recommend

https://www.exemplar.ie

seems like a similar setup. They’ll meet you and take the car , and bring it back to you. Going from the cars GPS it’s parked by the Clayton

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

They're good spots re. the website - had only glanced at it myself earlier before seeking a price, but those things would make me run a mile too.

Thanks, but the price I'm getting there for our own dates is €270. Includes €90 (€45 each way) for the pick-up/drop-off service alone.

Think it'll be the red car park for ourselves, same as usual…..

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭JVince

Avoid that site.

No company name (illegal)

Terms state disputes under "English law"

Appalling website

Absolutely zero information on who you are dealing with.

Almost certainly a scam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

No names, phone numbers, social media links, physical address on the website... It seems very dodgy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

What about the Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport. I put in a week in July and got 99euro and includes a shuttle bus every 30 minutes and runs 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

in fairness to the red car park, I used it last year, early July & it took 30 mins from parking to airside so seemed efficient enough for me, there was a program about these type of service providers in the UK a few years back, turned out the lads were taking the cars home, using them while customers were away etc, not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭JVince

Your best option is parkpnp - like Airbnb but for parking.

Loads around swords.

Drop passengers and luggage at airport and then head to the space you booked and either get bus or taxi back to the airport yourself.

Some parkpnp will offer to drop you off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Site is dodgy AF! The t and C's are from England and I think from a carpark... Don't touch them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Sorry, but for me, if I cannot park my car so I know where it is on return, then it’s a no-no.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,271 ✭✭✭✭ted1

it’s a valet service . They bring the car back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,815 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

avoid any business that has no contact phone number available to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

That ticks many scam boxes. The basic one is always if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Apart from that the wording is overly complex for a parking service 'project' 'collaborative' 'undefeated' etc. it looks like it's just all copy and paste. I tried to find Dublin MG Park (as per T&C , but found nothing.

The English Law part is a worry but I have seen legit companies using boiler plate T and C and not upgrading them for their own needs. On its own it's not a red flag, but it's sloppy. As is the ref. to non UK bank card. At a guess there may even be a UK airport version of this service (sorry scam) where it's lifted from.

Advertisement