Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2024 - Round 5 - Shanghai, China

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,559 ✭✭✭✭klose

The rules state that if a car stops in the qualifying session they aren’t allowed to take any more part, session was red flagged so assume Ferrari will argue he didn’t stop in that case?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,400 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Just watched quali back now. The end was entertaining. Nico Rosberg is poor though, he brings nothing to the table with his commentary. Crofty doing his best to get him to run us through a lap and we don't get much. When you have Karun Chandok available it makes it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Interesting.

So what's the cut off I wonder. Does the car have to be recovered in order for it to to be classed as "stopped"? Didn't they red flag it because he was stopped?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Longing

Yes Roseberg was woeful today in comms. Really poor showing. He is better asking questions in the pitlane before and after the race. But Sky have pulled the plug on that so far so they had to push him in somewhere.

Hamilton complaining on the radio. Which is not new, but what I found interesting was when he remarked on the car not turning in. He didn't say the car will not turn in at slow speed corners. He said This Thing will not turn in… He is done with Mercedes personally I feel he is not the driver from three or four years ago. Over 1 second of his team mate today and 18th tomorrow were a track he has always done well I think he has won in China six times. I could be wrong. But if I were a Ferrari fan I would be worried. No doubt about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,730 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Both Alpine drivers making it into Q2 is good. Keep the improvements coming Alpine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Nico was turning the knife a fair bit. Having said that, he had a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Hamilton keeps blaming the car but Russell isn't doing too badly

• Registered Users Posts: 13,907 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

He actually took the blame there himself for the poor qualification in an interview in front of a grandstand full of fans full of admiration.

It is a bit ironic that they got Hamilton from wish for qualifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Rosberg loves spilling all the paddock gossip

• Registered Users Posts: 30,070 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Alonsos car getting a bit of last minute repair, not what you expect on the grid, hopefully will still be within the rules or within spec for bodywork

Hamilton and Russell did go opposite directions with setup, are the Parc ferme rules more relaxed this weekend that Hamilton can change the setup more before the race. Might be fun to see if he make can make progress through the cars at the back.

Edit:looks like parc ferme conditions open again after sprint race but closed from race qualifying.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Max says its raining

Hamilton giving up already, we’ve heard that before.

Yet Russell said the cars are effectively the same

Hamilton blaming the soft tyres after 2 laps

He reckons George is only growing his hair so he can get cornrolls like Lewis. Has until next season to sort it as apparently it is in the contract for the No. 1 Driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Mentioned something about Sainz and Red Bull. Sainz Sr was with Horner in the pits yesterday

It's literally the only thing he's brought, he's hard listening on co commentary. I like Rosberg when he came in two or three times a race, he's terrible otherwise.

Ah I like Rosberg, bit argumentative with Crofty but that’s a good thing. Lewis still bitching about the soft tyres after replacing them - just shut up and get the head down.

does look like rain possible near end of race.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Rosberg is a good talking head usually, but he is not a good commentator. He's the drizzling ****

And there's an offer from Audi in place for Sainz and Hulkenberg but Sainz has a potential offer from RedBull, interesting to see how all that plays out

• Advertisement

So LeClerc has the better tyre options (according to pre-race comments).

Lando has enough of a gap as it stands to just stay out as long as LeClerc and match his strategy.

Hard to predict these things.

I wouldn't say the one stopper last time out was a brilliant tactic for Charles, was he not fading/hanging on at the end?

Bottas off could change it all now anyways.

That worked out lovely for Leclerc.

VSC benefits Charles

• Registered Users Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Way too late for that VSC. Thankfully doesn't affect Norris too much.

Full safety car called. Bit of a mess this.

Both redbulls jump in

Oh full safety car!

That's a very poor call from the stewards

sky slow to spot full safety

This might reset the race a bit

Helps Perez

Perez lost a few places there, this should be a good battle for second place between him, Norris and Leclerc.

• Advertisement

Hamilton should be thinking full safety car, get my head right we are all bunched up again,

but no - negative vibes again on the radio (unless that is his motivation)

Advertisement