Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massage etiquette Ireland - underwear or no?

Options
  • 14-04-2024 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Never had a massage before so going for one this week in a reputable spa.

What should men wear for a massage in Ireland? Seems to be different around the world.

Underwear on or off? No issues with nudity but don't want to make massage therapist uncomfortable or look like a creep or something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭mckildare

Definitely On unless they say otherwise. If they do, that's creepy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Judging by your post history, you are definitely hoping you can take them off 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Spidermann1

😂H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭victor8600

As far as I know, the masseur won't go close to your buttocks or other private areas at all. Underwear stays on, or you can be covered with a long towel.

Thanks for your reply. Yes of course, I wouldn't expect to not have a towel over me. I just mean what do you wear under the towel, if anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Depends on the person giving the massage, once I was told “you can be nude if you want” by a female masseuse beforehand, once we were getting a couples massage & I told the masseuse I was nude, we had just come out of a couples bath yoke, it was no problem, I’d usually just ask nude or briefs & go with what they say, most decent places have disposable briefs anyway to offer, they nearly always say that you’ll always be covered anyway. I wouldn’t just surprise them nude though.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Anaki r2d2

Boxers on,if the masseur wants them off he will ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭herbalplants

Of course underwear On. Jesus Christ, you are not in Thailand

Living the life

Nothing sexual about it, nude seems to be the norm in other countries that's why I ask. It's a comfort thing, not sexual.

Thanks for the replies. 👍

• Advertisement

Thanks, that's good advice. Don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable.

Advertisement