Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster v La Rochelle match thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭clsmooth

How much is a subscription to OTB?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rocko

The Semi Final in a few weeks should be a spectacle in Croke Park with hopefully a full Hill 16.

Looking further forward a final between Leinster & Toulouse would be a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭A-Train

I’m happily eating my hat at this moment in time. What a performance and what a result. A very 9 year old with me who was suffering like us all from a bit of PTSD after the final last May.

• Administrators Posts: 53,487 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Hope all of ye enjoy the celebrations, well deserved today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

I think after all the criticism Byrne got last year he deserved it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭joedamuss

Well done Leinster, from a Munster man, go on and win it now look Ladz

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Nah terracing is fine

I'm not remotely worried about the SF, but Toulouse are some team this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭thamus doku

nienabar is a brilliant addition to Leinster rugby, he has brought a brilliant defence, an ultra aggression and most impressively players like Ross Byrne and laramour have improved no end. Laramour played some stuff and Ross Byrne getting man of the match was great for him as he usually gets very little credit.
    Great win.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭fitz

At the end? They were at it from the start, tbh.

Incredibly satisfying win. Comprehensive performance. Osbourne has really stepped up. Larmour played as well as he ever has, imo. Frawley was solid at 15, half backs were both very good, but the pack were immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Rugbyf565

think R Byrne and Larmour have put their hands up to start for Ireland now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Just want to second the praise for Larmour. He burst onto the scene with back to back sensational seasons. But got unlucky with injuries & never got a decent run of games to kick on. Stop start for a few seasons. Seemed to have, understandably, dented confidence.

This season he's been very good. Will be pushing for green again soon on this trajectory.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Rugbyf565

his kick chase catch towards the end was sensational

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Nice long journey home now for the lads who showed up wearing their Munster jerseys today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭theVersatile

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Obnoxious Munster fans, like obnoxious Leinster fans are very much in the minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Coming home after the Aviva. One of the best atmospheres I've experienced in there.

Leinster were class. Thought they were all class. Every single one of the back was outstanding. Really enjoying watching Frawley at the moment. Massive boots to fill today and he nailed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭downtheroad

There were plenty of red jerseys at the game today, when Munster were nowhere to be seen at this stage of the competition. I think that's obnoxious myself. Or else they don't own any other clothes?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Agreed, didn't see a single Munster jersey in the part of the Aviva I was in. Also felt an actual atmosphere in the Aviva for the first time in my experience 😂

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭theVersatile

+1.

I'd say something if there was large amounts of Munster goading in the thread, but it was actually very relaxed in here the whole game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,100 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Great game by nearly the whole Leinster team and the margin of victory should have been even greater if they hadn't left some points out there in the first half. Leinster absolutely smothered LAR in every aspect despite being down more core players going into it.

Big shout out to Ross, I felt it should have been Harry in there but I dont see a way he would have put in a performance to the level Ross did today.

One of the few times a travel excuse is utter nonsense to be brought up, as Leinster beating them at home in the pool round was the key reason as to why they had to make the trip to SA. Leinster gained the benefit of their own work earlier in the season.

Not to takeaway from the Leinster performance but LAR seemed to get it all wrong - they weren't able to fire a shot that wasn't handed to them. ROG got plenty of credit for his mental approach that led to the final wins so he must take the same blame for how that team showed up today.

Leinster were quietly preparing all week while his side were acting like they were on holiday, sightseeing, going for brunch, and spending their time trolling on social media. Seems like they'd gotten too full of themselves and weren't mentally ready at all for what faced them today.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Madeoface

Where is this crooak park I'm hearing about....do tarf play there....is it safe for the kids.....haha.

Joe McCarthy. Great display. Doris too. When Skelton is shouting and goading you, you're having a Stormer.

Can't think of any poor performance in blue today. Danty is a filth bag.

Funniest part was Baird giving some lip to Skelton, Skelton didn;t like it and Baird was like "f**k this I am out of here"
    I think it was Baird who stepped in :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭ujjjjjjjjj

No just someone who clearly understand it ain't Jack 'Sideways' Crowley…….

Ross was exceptional today. Good to see Farrell there, notebook full no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Madeoface

I waited till after the game to respond. He repeatedly did this at every breakdown, often when the Leinster player had just stood off or back so he missilled himself into nothing. Lucky for them.

Hes a fkn dirtbag.

Yeah, seen it first time for Henshaw but he was doing it all game
    His record is terrible and ROG doesn't seem to want to do anything about it as his coach

Maybe it's time someone called it out at a pro level because he will seriously injury someone at some stage because of the sheer size of the guy

From what I can see Farrell and Ireland don't rate Ross, todays match won't change that. Ross played all of the Grand Slam 6 nations and closed out some huge games but was dropped as soon as they had another option.

From a Leinster point of view I don't care, having Ross with leinster all the time is a huge bonus and he can help along Predergast etc

From a Ross point of view it is disappointing that someone who has delivered on the big stage on most days is not really given the reward at international level

Before the Munster fans start, this has nothing to do with Crowley, just a conversation about Ross.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭RichieRich_89

I think there have been 1000kg packs already. Toulouse from a few seasons ago, if memory serves.

Nienaber made the point in the week that Ireland had the heaviest 33-man squad at the World Cup out of the Tier 1 teams, so this perception that Irish sides are 'smaller' doesn't really hold water. Maybe sometimes they've lacked the aggression and technique that allows them to focus their physicality effectively. That certainly wasn't the case today. The Nienaber defence and breakdown work caused considerable difficulty for La Rochelle.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

• Advertisement
Advertisement