Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Underfloor heating on a Wall

Options
  • 13-04-2024 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Has anyone considered or have knowledge of using the underfloor heating mats; and attaching them to a Wall and then plastering over them?

If a screed and tiles can be put on them. Why not use them for Wall heating by plastering over?

There is even electric wallpaper out there now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Generally when the tiler is laying the tiles, they 'back butter' the tiles and lay them on to the mat. I'm not sure how well plaster and a trowel would cope with the mat.

I've seen them installed on walls, over sinks, where a mirror would be installed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

The idea of underfloor heating is that heat travels upwards and it is 100% effective, the electric mesh mats are handy for taking the chill out of a cold tiled floor but don't really heat the room as such in my own experience.

Never thought of installing them on walls to be honest and doubt if they would be cost effective as a heating solution for a room, every little helps but I'd say insulated slabs would be a better investment.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Advertisement