Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Market in Kildare

Options
  • 13-04-2024 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

I recall a few years ago there was a market in Kildare town on a Thursday morning, ford anyone know if it is still on?

Or is there a market on other areas on different days.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

There's a market on today in Maynooth village. It's the only one I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭JVince

Has nobody heard of "Google".

It's a great place to get immediate information on things.

Very easy to use too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭con747

Very helpful poster indeed.

Not sure if this is still open OP.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Seems some people never heard of sarcasm. Why can people not refrain from acting like this?

Surely it's far easier and quicker to get an answer on Google?

Boards seems to be rife these days with posters asking the most mundane questions that would get an answer from a very very simple Google search.

Next up - someone asking for opening hours of Tesco

• Advertisement

The reason boards is/was so popular is because people can come on here and ask the members anything and get a helpful answer. How long do you think the site would last if people stopped doing that no matter how easy it is to "google" things, that's not the point of boards. Maybe some people just want some interaction with others so if you don't want to be helpful then don't post. Simple's.

excellent post Con747, couldn’t have said it better myself. Thanks

People used to come on and ask for information that was not readily available with a simple Google search.

If the op asked what was the market like, that would be more appropriate.

But to ask a question that would elicit an immediate and accurate answer on Google is not what a "discussion board" should be for.

Even worse is when you get cheerleaders jumping up and down on the sidelines like a rabbit in the headlights

And yet here you are again with no contribution to the OP's question.

I cannot agree with this. What is acceptable to you may not be to someone on the other side ‘of the fence’. But Boards should be accommodating to both sides. If that’s uncomfortable for You or me ( other side of the fence ) surely whichever side is wrong just shut up and refrain from sarcastic retorts.

Why one has to resort to snotty remarks is beyond me.

Sorry OP, I too cannot help with Your query.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

@JVince it's not your job to decide what is appropriate to post here. If you've a problem with a post report it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Yes, the market is still on thursday mornings, not as big as it used to be but still a few stalls, a fresh fish van too.

There is a food / craft market on some sundays too - not sure on the regularity of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

Ref Part B of OP's question:

Has the weekly market in Athy improved since the town by-pass was opened?

(Google let me down on this, subjective opinions sought)

Advertisement