Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Highest pub in Mayo or Connaught

Options
  • 12-04-2024 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

I am searching for the pub at highest elevation in Connaught as a cycling challenge this summer.. Where is it, nothing shows up definitive on google maps.. It looks like a lot of population centres of connaught are all low lying so its hard to see where it might be. If I dont find the highest pub, I might have to settle for the one at foot of the reek, but hopefully someon can help ne out.

Best I have found is Carolans in Beallacorrick but its long closed..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

The closest I can think of is Leonards of Lahardane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Had a quick check of a topo map and it looks like a pub in Knock to me

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭muffinhead

Do you want a proper pub or would the fully licensed bar at the Sláinte Barista Cafe in Knock Airport qualify? It has an elevation of 203m according to this and is open to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭pjordan

Interesting one. Thinking about it myself there are very few rural pubs I know in mountainous areas of Mayo such as Nephins, Ox Mountains, Maamturks or Partry so therefore the most likely candidates are somewhere in the hilly parts of East Mayo like Aughamore or Knock as above or the likes.

Advertisement