Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting in Copenhagen

Options
  • 12-04-2024 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

I am on a connecting flight via Copenhagen. I only have 40 minutes between the two flights.

I have one checked suitcase. Would this be enough time for my suitcase to make it?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

suitcase should be fine.
    but any delays could screw the whole thing you and the suitcase.
    But if it all on one ticket you’ll be covered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭tinytobe

Thanks for that. Yes, it's all on one ticket.

I am not worried about not making the connecting flight.

However I am worried about the suitcase.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

I got off a flight today where there was a slight delay attaching the airbridge upon arrival I’d say around 5 + mins waiting for the door to open after arrival on stand.
    The airport app showed the first bags were already on the belt in arrivals before the any passengers had reached the baggage hall.

Point being sometimes bags move faster than passengers.

If the airline sells the connection it’s assumed it’s possible and doable. If everything is running efficiently and on time.

Hopefully that will be the case for you

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Are you saying you have to land, get your checked bag, go landside, check your bag in for onward flight, go through security and board your onward flight?

All inside 40mins in CPH?

• Advertisement

It is all in one single booking and checked through. I think we covered that already.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭SimpleDimple

I’ve been told before that if you can make the transfer, your bag can. In practice this isn’t always the case unfortunately

I can let you all know this evening if my suitcase made it or not.

Incidentally when the machine at the check in printed my tag for the suitcase the receipt which is normally given to the passenger wasn't printed. Don't know if that's a bad omen.

I've arrived and so did the suitcase.

I've also asked at Copenhagen airport. 30 minutes is the minimum for the suitcase to be sent to the connecting flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭VG31

Good to hear. CPH is a very good airport for connections in my experience (with SAS). You disembark straight in to the gate area and don't have to go through security again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,122 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

So, assuming your onward destination was also in the Schengen area, you cleared the border at your onward destination?

(another assumption - you didn't start in Schengen!)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Yes, there was a passport control at Copenhagen airport to pass, and then onward to the next Schengen destination. Once you're within Schengen they don't ask for passports, but the airlines want to see some form of ID upon boarding, I think.

Well having to go through a passport control on a tight connection is another thing that can go wrong…

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,573 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

You clearly haven’t used CPH to connect very much - it and the other SAS hubs are excellent for tight connections even from outside of Schengen.

CPH is great for connections. However I'm not a fan of ARN. The passport control is extremely slow there. You also have to go through security again when arriving from Dublin.

I've never been there at all. But I do know that 40 minutes is regarded as tight pretty much anywhere even without having to go through passport control.

Yes, the passport control was really slow. Long queues and few officers, but they opened up a further line, when I arrived.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

You clearly haven't used OSL to connect very much - if any airport in the world can delay you and lose your baggage, OSL can and will, with reassuring regularity.

I flew in to ARN last July and was unlucky enough to arrive just after an Emirates flight. The e-gates weren't even open. When I was returning the Schengen exit check was also really slow even though there were only about 5 people ahead of me.

I also connected through ARN to Tallinn last year and it was quicker that time and there were e-gates as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,573 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Actually I just did today.

Connection was 1:05 and everything went smoothly. No queues. Used the egates at passport control, got through security without a wait and breezed through customs.

Was at my departure gate 20 mins after stepping off the first flight, and I and my bag made it to my final destination in one piece.

• Advertisement
Advertisement