Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Tuner problem

Options
  • 11-04-2024 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been using an AverMedia Volar Green HD for over 10 years on various builds - no issues until around 6 months back, RTE 1 and Virgin 1 (I think) began to display with considerable artifacts on screen - basically unwatchable. Sound was fine. All other Saorview channels were fine.

I suspected the tuner stick and tried it with a different PC - it worked fine. So I suspected the USB connector on the initial PC and tried switching to a few different connections, it made no difference. I tried attaching a PCIe USB card to the machine - still had the same issue. I even replaced the aerial (I'm a couple of KMs from 3 Rock) - no difference.

Just recently all Saorview channels started displaying artifacts. I'm stumped. Any suggestions (aside from permanently switching to a different PC)? Oh and I tried a different tuner stick - same issue.

I'm using a decent spec'd PC running Win 11.

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement