Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS250 - Bus Tamper

Options
  • 11-04-2024 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

I worked with an alarm company years ago and fitted a CS250 in my mother's house (back around 2002/2003).

At the time, there was a known issue about bus tampers randomly occurring on the CS250s. I can't recall if it was related to having multiple keypads or not.

My Mum has 2 keypads installed and still randomly gets a bus tamper error where the alarm goes off at odd times. To clear the error, I need to go into the installer menu, installation and install periph. That clears the error and it may not happen again for 6 or 12 months.

It happened again last night and just wondering if anyone came across a fix for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Never seen a fix for it and the system is obsolete now so unfortunately there is no fix

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭tedimc

thanks Altor - do you happen to recall the scenarios in which it would occur? I’m wondering if it was related to having more than 1 keypad? Or just totally random?

I could probably decommission one of the keypads if it meant the problem wouldn’t reoccur.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

You mentioned it only occurred when the system activates, this suggests to me it is a power issue.

As Altor said these panels are certainly long gone obsolete and are probably technically referred to now as dinosaurs

But just in case, double check the back up battery, if that is faulty it will be absorbing too much power from the panel and then when the system is activating and therefore using more power for same, something has to give.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭tedimc

No, sorry for the confusion - it happens randomly, even when the alarm isn't set. In fact, I never recall it going into tamper mode when the alarm was set. But I can't say for sure.

It is easily cleared, just a bit of a nuisance. She's planning to get new windows/doors soon so I might just replace it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Another option would be to double up on the data cable going to the keypads in case that would be the issue.

I would consider the upgrade option also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement