Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free to air satellite TV. Is programme scheduling available?

Options
  • 10-04-2024 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have just installed free to air satellite TV. The box the installer put in is Labgear LCOM1. Can I get TV program schedules on this system. Or how do people know what is on the TV? RTE guide?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

• Registered Users Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

FTA satellite receivers don't have direct access to a programme guide, only the now & next programme information carried as part of the channel stream.

EPGs are provided by service providers like Sky, Freesat and Saorview

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭swoofer

That is a very cheap box but with SAORVIEW ie via the aerial if you stay on RTE 1 for a few minutes then the EPG should fill up just give it time. For the satellite channels all you will get is now and next. With a better combo box like the ZGEMMA H7S it can be configured to get a 7day epg and update automatically. But box is more expensive and a bit tricky to set up from the start although you can buy one these days from WOS already configured. I hope you did not pay too much for the install.

Advertisement