Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver Shaft Adaptor Change

Options
  • 10-04-2024 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Bought a new shaft yesterday as my regular flex is a bit too whippy. Got a great deal on a Hzrdus Smoke Im10 Shaft but the issue is that it has a Cobra adaptor rather than a PING.

Anyone know of any recommendations as to who could change this? Called Halpenny in Swords but they said it could take up to a week which was a bit mad cause it seems a simple enough job.

I'm based in Swords so if anyone knows anybody nearby that would be amazing. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Sipper

It's not that simple of a job tbh. Very easy to damage the shaft, so you need a graphite shaft puller. Ping tips have a seperate small rubber ferrule which you will need otherwise they can look bad afterwards.

Fore Golf, Killeen Castle

Padraig Dooley, Cork

Mark Heinemann, Killarney

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Sorbet

https://www.adverts.ie/28678688

This gent could do it for you. He’s great, wrong side of the city though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭big_drive

I'm based in Cork. Padraig Dooley in drive golf performance would do it definitely but obviously you're not Cork based unless you wanted to post it to him. As mentioned above there's a bit in it rather than a simple job, I know someone who tried it and wrecked the shaft, it all splintered. So Halpenny might only have a couple lads who'd be reliable to attempt it so I think a week isn't bad at all to wait, they might have to get someone in another branch to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 soverybored1878

Thank you for this, heading down to him on Saturday morning and you're right, he is a gent. Looking at getting some of my wedges customised as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Sorbet

You’re welcome. He’s great, brilliant to find someone who’s competent and trustworthy. Does you a fair deal and good job.

• Advertisement
Advertisement