If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact

Leaks and Irish Water

  • 09-04-2024 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

    Discovered a major leak in my central heating. Continuous serious water flow. Must be escaping below floor. Rang Irish water to ask advice, especially since major leaks are a serious problem at the moment. Since it is on private property they refuse to give advice.



  • Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

    It's your central heating system. Why would Irish Water have anything to do with it? There are tradespeople called plumbers who fix household plumbing and heating systems. In the interim, you should as the householder look to stop or stem this flow. If it's from a rad, turn off the valves on each side. See if there's a water feed to the system and turn that off. Turn off any circulating pumps. Don't use the heating system.

  • Registered Users Posts: 16,958 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

    Irish waters property stops at your front gate. Everything on your property is your responsibility.

    You need to engage the services of a good plumber. Bad plumber might fix the leak and not investigate why it leaked

  • Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Shoog

    Irish water will bill you for the leak if it continues but their network ends at the boundary to your property.

  • Registered Users Posts: 19 finnfinn

    Would it not be a good idea if they gave the advice as per Furze99.