Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobilty after course being paid for through HR (civil service)

Options
  • 09-04-2024 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to start a degree next year and will be applying to HR to have the fees covered.

I am also hoping to transfer to Revenue through mobility.

Are there any restrictions on mobility once the course has been approved? Would I still be able to apply should I be moved prior to the application date or will there be a probationary period?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Vologda69

I asked the same question of my department. Was told it wasnt an issue once you stayed within the civil service....but its Revenue who wud refund the fees not your current department

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

I moved Depts (to Revenue actually) half way through a degree a few years ago. Granted it was on promotion, but there was no issue with the refund of fees. The only difference was that my old Dept paid my fees up front and Revenue refunded at the end of the year, so for the final 2 years of my degree I had to find the course fees myself in Sept and claim the refund upon passing the exams at the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Phil92

I had no problems, though my new department refused to pay fees out until my probation was cleared for the second year of the course.

Advertisement