Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut sending link in email to verify identity

Options
  • 08-04-2024 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

You always hear in the media “banks will never send you texts or emails will links”. I guess Revolut is different, just got a quick series of emails from them, one about taxation compliance, the next one with a direct link to submit ID verification. 

I went to the Revolut app and saw indeed that ID verification was required in the form of photo of back and front of an ID document, in my case driving license came to hand easily, followed by a video of my face turning to one side and back, finally my spoken voice recorded repeating given numerals. That’s all fair enough, Revolut needs to be compliant with legalities. 

The process must be completed within 5 minutes, could be tricky for elderly etc without assistance, as any unsteadiness won’t pass muster. 

It is unusual now for any financial institution to send an email with a direct link to complete required data. Advice is never use such a link, and of course check the full email address of where it came from. Google it if it is not familiar to you. Go instead directly to app or known valid website.

I’m a little bit surprised at Revolut using the bad practise of  sending a link within an email instead of directing you to independently visiting the site to do the necessary. 

Comments

Advertisement