Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower switch gets warm

Options
  • 07-04-2024 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭

I have a switch for the electric shower outside my bathroom. I've noticed the switch gets warm the longer I'm in the shower. I can jump in and do face and body and it doesn't get warm but if I wash my hair as well, the switch gets warm.

Is this anything to worry about? I can't say if I noticed it before because I might have just left the bathroom without switching it off and I'd come back later to switch it off later on. I'm now leaving the bathroom and just switch it off on my way out and it's then I notice it's warm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭10-10-20

If it's getting warm at the switch-plastic then it's probably getting hot around the electrical contacts around the rear. I'd have it replaced by an electrician.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Get it replaced. They tend to start to smell as well if it starts to heat around the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭drury..

Ya'll have to replace it at this stage once heating starts

Wires need to be checked and terminals tightened fully

Advertisement