Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone tv Box for 2 rooms

Options
  • 04-04-2024 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Hi All,

Trying to sort the TV for my elderly parents in 2 seperate rooms.

In one room, they have a smart tv with the standard vodafone package channels. That all works fine.

In the 2nd room, they have an old Saorview type looking box but this basically has recently stopped working and only shows RTE 1 and BBC 1/2 and has been temperamental of late. The TV in this room only has a scart connection and no HDMI connection.

My question is, would Vodafone give me some sort of second box that would allow me to watch the same channels in that room aswell?

If not, does anyone have any recommendation's of a basic saorview box that would work for an older TV that only has a scart connection.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭andy1249

Youve got to dump the scart TV , its obsolete for at least 20 years now and no one supplies services with that connector in mind anymore.

Regarding TV , we are in a transition mode , all the "old" SD channels are being shut down , the new lowest resolution available is fastly becoming 1080i and that needs HDMI at a minimum.

There are cheap walker TVs from the likes of Power city and Euronics that will replace that obsolete scart model and will take any service currently available.

Once you've gotten rid of the obsolete scart TV then the problem becomes a lot easier to solve and is simply a question of getting a feed to the new TV , which should be a piece of cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭jack747

Perfect, many thanks for your detailed response, its much appreciated!

I will take your advice and get a new TV for that room with the newer connections.

So if I get a new TV, would you have any recommendations/Links of products that I could get the basic Irish/English channels on that TV? Not sure if its important or not but there is no Internet connection near that TV. Apologies if I'm not making sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭andy1249

Walker TVs have both Satellite and Saorview Tuners , so you connect up a saorview aerial and a feed from a dish , and you can combine both feeds to give a list of favourite channels.

Alternatively , Vodafone can supply an extra TV/Room probably for a fee. Vodafone is a sort of IPTV service , and the Walker TVs have Wi Fi , if you have a router , and you must have if you have vodafone , then the walker TV can connect to the wi fi to get the package.

Advertisement