Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUSLA CLERICAL OFFICER INTERVIEW

Options
  • 03-04-2024 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

Hello!

I have an interview coming up for a Clerical Officer position with TUSLA.

I would like some advice or tips re - possible interview questions I could be asked?

All advice welcome.

Thank you! 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cat144

Hi,

Just wondering did you have your interview yet?

Would really appreciate any info, tips?

Thanks a mill 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭I am me123

Hi,

Had my TUSLA interview on Monday last, found out I passed two days later, some of the topics I was asked included;

What do you know about TUSLA?

How do you handle conflict with a colleague?

Teamwork

How do you manage your day to day workload?

There are two useful threads on here that also discuss interview topics,

What you know about Tusla (discuss services they provide, when it was founded)

Legislation thats important for the role (discuss data protection laws in thw workplace, Children First legislation)

What your competencies are (computer skills, customer service skills, people skills, organisational skills)

Discuss a time at work when you had to deal with a challenging or difficult situation. How did you handle it?

Keep in mind the STAR system when answering: the situation you were in, the task you were performing, the action taken and the result you achieved. The example can be from anything. Previous job, college project

When is your interview? 😊 Did you apply for the Midlands campaign by any chance?

Thanks so much for the reply, really appreciate all of the information.

Big congratulations on passing your interview 👏

No I applied for the Waterford/Wexford clerical officer campaign, have my interview this week.

Cool, best of luck with it all, let me know how you get on.

My biggest concern now is employer references, there is one employment I held about three years ago, which I am sure I wont get a good reference from ( a temporary contract of a few weeks) but will be able get satisfactory references for all other employments, just worried now that one bad reference will harm my chances with this role. It wasnt a hse job but a civil service role.

Have you any advice?

Thank you. 😊

Thanks a mill, I will let you know how it goes!

Try not to worry I'm sure you will be fine😊 I think most employers just give a statement of employment detailing the dates you were employed and in which department.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Auntie-Nora_2022

I applied for clerical officer in wexford. 2 months ago have not heard anything back . Just there other day email came in the skills match test will be happening soon, even though when applied it had on application that this would be well after the interview. Has anyone done a skills match test? What is it ? How do I prepare for it ? Thanks.

Hi,

It seems there must be more than one clerical officer campaigns for HSE/ Civil Service / TUSLA,etc .

What have you applied for?

Advertisement