Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Bank won't co operate

Options
  • 03-04-2024 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I received a statutory credit report from Equifax in the UK. The credit report says I have an active bank account with Monzo bank which I never opened. I raised the issue with Equifax and they referred me back to the bank. The bank won't release the details of it unless I send them a ''selfie'' with my passport. This is the same response I get from them every time. I have since send them a subject access request and they confirmed they received it. They said they will not release the subject access request until I send them a selfie with my id. I have sent twelve selfies and the response I get every-time is that the photograph is too blurry and send us another. It sounds personal to me but I'm not sure how to proceed with it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Hi, have somebody take the photo with the normal camera lens rather than the selfie lens. That way it will be less blurry as the selfie lens is a lower quality type. That would be how I do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

i think you need to make a formal complaint to them on this.

The problem you are possibly facing (excuse the unintended pun) is that the ID they have on file is not yours…so they can't match the IDs.

If you are confident this is a fraudulent account set up, then get them to transfer you to their fraud department to have it resolved.

Advertisement