Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beware Shaws Dungarvan for pricing of electrical items.

Options
  • 02-04-2024 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭

Shaws in Dungarvan sell electrical items as part of euronics.ie

Not for the first time I looked up a price on the website (€199) then went into the store to find the product more expensive.

Store price with no sign of a reduction.

OK so I got the product for €199 by asking and after a shop assistant checked on their phone but beware and check euronics prices online before paying instore.

I wouldn't have bothered posting this but its the second time I've been into Shaws in Dungarvan and found the price of the item I was buying more expensive in the shop than online.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Comments

Plenty of places are cheaper online than they are in-store. The price is well advertised, it would be a different story if it was marked €199 and they looked for €229 at the till. If you don't like it, don't buy it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's a better chance this is deliberate than an error - lots of electrical retailers have a lower online price as online sales are vastly more competitive (and we have more competition here even if it doesn't seem to lower prices - the UK has one nationwide electronics retailer, Currys; one huge online only in AO; plus Euronics independents; we have DID, Powercity, Harvey Norman, Currys, Euronics and Expert independents)

Always need to check, and ask for the online if its cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Not really. The prices in this case in store and online should be the same as you can look up the store and see that the item is in stock at the website price.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

That's the exact same as with other operators in this sector though.

They will charge someone who walks in and has never seen the online price the sticker price; and that was always the intent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Do you have any examples? I've only found this with euronics. I've never had the issue with other electrical retailers.

• Advertisement

Powercity, constantly. I always get the online price when I ask (was even offered it before asking once when buying a few items at once).

Its using 10-40 more, somewhat depending on the price of the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Found harvey norman murder for this, its a bit ridiculous its still happening when the majority of people check their site to see do they have the product first so see the online price. Its a marketing technique, ask for a better price and you will be given the online price.

Advertisement