Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HGV licence

Options
  • 02-04-2024 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

hi all

I currently hold a category D bus licence and have my truck theory test booked for two weeks time. Want to start rigid lessons and get my rigid licence. Do I also have to do a truck cpc test for this also? And must I get a full rigid licence before I can get an artic licence ? And is there a specific number of lessons you must do Before attempting the test ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭bop1977

CPC unsure but probably.

rigid licence ( C) is required before artic (CE).

no specific number of lessons. if you're driving a bus then a truck shouldn't be too hard to get used to.

when I got my truck licence I took 5 two hour lessons in the days before the test and a pretest on the morning of the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Designator

perfect, thanks 👌🏻 also another question, regarding the rigid licence, does that only cover you up to a certain weight? For example rigid tipper lorries , do they require artic licences to drive due to them weighing more than most rigid smaller trucks or does the rigid cover those also?

Advertisement