Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has the Cork line always been this bumpy?!

Options
  • 02-04-2024 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

I haven't taken the train in a long time and wow … bouncing all over the place in 1st class.

Can't even type. So much for the idea of getting some work done.

I know these things had a judder / bumping up and down issue but this is crazy.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

My experience is some Mk4 trainsets are worse than others. Also, the First Class seat can bounce itself slightly - and are currently being upgraded, so maybe try a different seat if there are others open?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RetroEncabulator

I think maybe I'm getting too used to TGVs, but I don't remember this train being quite as bad as this before.

Quite honestly though, my plan was to work this morning and this is a complete joke. Giving up - really can't type.

It would be significantly smoother on a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Bumpy ride was the case de riguer on the Westport trains in years gone by particularly around Roscommon

Less now am led tobiece

I really don't know how we get stuff like this so badly wrong. It's not like a train service you'd expect in Western Europe.

Having the coach doors jammed open at either end also doesn't exactly help with the noise / comfort air con.

Maybe just market it as a rollercoster?

Post edited by RetroEncabulator on

I would just add there’s a rather unpleasant aroma of hot brakes every time the train slows / stops ⚙️💨

• Advertisement
Advertisement