Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual Smell in Ensuite

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭tom23

In terms of connecting the flexi pipe to the soil vent pipe, I think it was just pullover over the pipe and cable tie was wrapped around it… probably not the correct way of doing it.

On the non-return valve, where should this be?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭chooseusername

It should have been fitted to open top of the soil vent pipe that terminated in the loft.

Like this one, just pushes down into the pipe and seals it, but allows air into the pipe to stop siphoning effect.

A Durgo valve,(I called it a Dergo valve earlier in the thread.)

Yes I saw that on screwfix… I can get one of them.

So I think I might of got to the bottom of the smell. Was getting the new extractor fan in main bathroom connected to the roof when the guy noticed the flexi pipe connected to the waste pipe was sagging with water. I replaced it with an insulated pipe. Going to give it a few days to see is that problem

Advertisement