Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you find out the source of water for your home?

Options
  • 31-03-2024 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

I understand this could be in the plans/deeds etc, but is there a way to logically figure it out? Eg whether a well nearby is the source

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

I was going to be a little flippant and say you'd know if you get a bill from Irish Water! But these are the three main possibilities: 1) Irish Water/ Local Authority public water supply 2) Group scheme 3) private well or spring source.

Rural areas far more likely to be 2 or 3.

Urban/ town/ village likely to be 1 or possibly 2 for small villages.

Ask a neighbour is probably simplest!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,453 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Check with your neighbours. We're rural but it's a local authority supply that was once a group scheme. Some neighbours have wells but most know what thier neighbours have.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭spalpeen

Thanks both. If it's a group scheme, where does the water actually come from? And how can I find out whether it's a group scheme vs a well?

Advertisement