Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site banned no warning

Options
  • 29-03-2024 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

So I seem to have been site banned with no warning. Have had to rereg to open a dispute resolution thread

No email, nothing appearing on the thread when I now read it. So no clue as to why

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 13,774 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

You were sitebanned by an Admin for doxxing (identifying) another poster.

Your ban is permanent. This account will also be banned.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

• Registered Users Posts: 6 spook_ie dispute

Who did I identify? I asked if it was him or did he just like their style of prose

Rather silly of you to ban an account opened to post in dispute resolution don't you think?

No. Your account is banned for doxxing. There is no DRP. It's a clear cut case. Any rereg accounts will also be banned. This account will be banned when this thread is finished.

Which is around about now.

• Advertisement

Sorry but I dispute that I doxxed anyone so AFAIK there is a dispute still to be resolved

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I didn’t ban you. You were banned by admin @Beasty but I cannot tell you why in an open forum.

You posted a twitter link containing a photo and the full name of a person in reply to another poster's comment. Why?

Did not I posted a link to a twitter account that used the same turn of phrase a d asked if it was him or just that he liked the phrase.

Considering that the thread was moving along the lines of posters reposting the same arguments from multiple sources twitter, Facebook, and boards included then it was fair comment

Go back insert the post and read it in context

I've read the post. A number of times. I still don't see why posting a random person's twitter's account, including photo and full name on a Boards.ie thread is relevant in any context.

How did you find the account?

• Advertisement

Read the thread and put it into context. It followed on from my comments about cyclists on twitter and boards recycling and reposting all their old arguments and sharing them between themselves.

If you read the twitter users account you can see that they repost tweets from anyone they follow which is something pretty much that all twitter users do to expand their propagandist views.

<Snip: Potentially identifying information removed>

Post edited by Big Bag of Chips on

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,344 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We take doxxing very seriously

Your ban is permanent and will not be lifted

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,344 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

New account banned and thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement