Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn Cutting costs?

Options
  • 29-03-2024 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering cost and who does lawn cutting, im looking at a large rear garden prob 3 times size of an averagr semi D rear garden and small front lawn, it wouldnt take 30 mins for both.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭decies

Am being charged 35 euro takes about an hour to do but he does strim all the edges first . I’d say 40 / 45 euros . Not in Waterford though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Unless you have a good reason not to cut it yourself - a lawnmower will pay itself back very very quickly if your considering hiring people in.

a lawn that size sounds like it would take no more than 30 mins to cut.

Cost of petrol is of course high - but again would be dwarfed by bringing in someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

some people simply may not have the time nor interest to do their lawn, i personally love doing it, but not everyone is into it, and some are simply too busy with life, kids, work and what not…..

“Unless you have a good reason not to cut it yourself ”

Those would be good reasons, but hopefully my contribution will help the OP make the best decision for themself.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

apologies if im picking this up wrong, but your comment comes across as being judgmental, who cares what people do or dont do with with their lawn, people dont need a good reason to cut it or not, theres a million and one reasons for such, but again, who cares, its no ones business

50 quid or less does seem to be average enough though

• Advertisement

The thread is about lawn cutting costs, had it said cost of hiring in people to cut lawns I’d not have commented but it’s not clear totally - I’ve shared my thoughts on the cost of the OP was to take it on themselves that is all. Sure the OP could be disabled, elderly, or not able to cut it themselves for any amount of other reasons - had I said “LOL cut it yourself you clown” i’d see where you are coming from but I was quite careful in my language so as not to offend.

Advertisement