Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Block free travel pass

Options
  • 29-03-2024 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My free travel pass was suddenly blocked this morning. Why is that n what can i do. Some bus drivers kindly allow me on just by showing card

Thank u

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Why would you not phone bus eireann? How do you think random internet people would know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭gipi

Contact free travel section in Department of Social Protection, number is at the end of the website linked below. Note the offices are closed until Tuesday next.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social-welfare/extra-social-welfare-benefits/free-travel/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I doubt it's blocked as such, maybe the chip/strip has been damaged. Did you see the message on the card reader?

Apply for a replacement card on Tuesday. DSP Sligo, tel. 0818 837 000 you will need your PPS no.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ULEZ23

why would you recommend phoning bus eireann who have zero to do with bus pass system other than being an effective retailer, it’s a daft suggestion and akin to saying call Tesco head office because your visa wasn’t accepted at one of their stores.

and why would you as a random internet person feel the need to scold someone for asking a reasonable question on a discussion forum and in the process of you rushing to scold give incorrect advice.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Mod: Moved from the Help Desk to Commuting & Transport.

Hi @kluang please note the local charter for this forum is now in effect.

Thanks.

-Shield

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,972 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Any amount of reasons could be at play here. Your pass could be faulty; your pass could have expired and needs renewing on your entitlement scheme; your PSC itself could be expired (They normally run for five years.) or you may not have an entitlement for the pass any longer owing to your circumstances; this actually happens a lot.

Regardless, you need to contact the free travel section to find out what is amiss. And bear in mind that until this is sorted out you may be issued with fixed penalty tickets if caught without a valid pass, regardless of how nice the drivers were today.

Advertisement