Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster,why are they such total b*st*rds?

Options
  • 28-03-2024 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Why do people put up with such sh1t from rip off Ireland merchants Ticketmaster?

Over the past number of years I have purchased various tickets from them,be it for matches or for concerts and have found their customer service deplorable....anyone can hide behind a keyboard.

Over the past couple of months I bought tickets for two concerts,one early in the summer and one later on in the summer.

I received paper tickets for the concert later in the summer already....no issues there.

The other concert I thought it would be the same ...paper tickets... but no! I contacted Ticketmaster and requested paper tickets and have just got a totally useless reply from them and no paper tickets.

I am so annoyed that I told them to issue me with a refund if they cannot adhere to my request.I do have a right to paper tickets,surely its a consumer right,to be provided with the goods whatever way I 'm happiest with.

Has anyone any dealings with this rip off merchant. What are my rights?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I agree with everything you said about Ticketmaster up until demanding either a refund or paper tickets from them.

You can put anything you have on your screen onto paper yourself if you really really want to and I dont know why you want them on paper in the first place.

You'll work yourself up here over something small

• Registered Users Posts: 24,378 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

No you can't. Ticketmaster now use dynamic tickets which are a complete pain if one person is buying for a group.

It is causing so much hassle at turnstiles with people having to keep passing phones back along a queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭rdhma

They are not obliged to provide paper tickets and some events use a changing barcode which cannot be printed.

Lack of paper tickets is the least of the issues with Ticketmaster.

They are a near monopoly and use this to overcharge while not always able to cope with high demand event sales. The US department of justice has an antitrust investigation open on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Event organisers may have want digital ticket, and they set the terms, you can't demand what way a ticket is issued

Printing may not be an option

For upcoming event I am going to , it has to be digital can't be screenshot etc (there is a moving bar on the screen of ticket to show it's not a screenshot , though how strictly the venue will enforce this is another thing)

Another gig (a much larger gig) I can print them.

I assumed it was down to the organiser nothing got to do with Ticketmaster

That said ticketmaster don't give a f##k either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

OP, Because ALL Irish people secretly delight in the Ticketmaster process.

And there's NO hate figure like Mick O' in Ryanair.

Ticketmaster have tuned it to a t, and the management won't bother with what is being said on boards:

Maybe half a dozen or so boardsie subscribers who work on the TicketMaster counters in the Shopping Malls will read this thread.

Post edited by z80CPU on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

This! It's often the venue itself or the artist who sets these terms and not Ticketmaster themselves. It's to stop people sharing around tickets easily or touts getting them. I've had a mix of digital tickets (dynamic), online tickets (just a QR code that I could screenshot & share) & paper ones. All for different venues and artists but all booked through Ticketmaster. If you want paper, & it's available, there's usually a box at time of purchase. If there's no box, there's no ticket. You can't demand it the way you want it. They aren't forcing you to buy the tickets. They issuing an invitation to treat which you are free to accept under the terms they're offering or not.

Look I'm no fan of Ticketmaster due to the almost full monopoly they have on tickets to things in this country but this one isn't on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭jonnybangbang

I do not discourage or disagree with your experience of Ticketmaster customer service but.....

I'm unsure you have a "right to paper tickets" as entry to the events are set and agreed to by Ticketmaster and Event organizers. You may not even have a right to a refund as with all their tickets, whether it be paper or etickets, states in their terms and conditions that all sales are final. but i do not know enough to advise you of this. If paper tickets are an option it will be given to you as an option at time of purchase of the tickets when you will be required to confirm your postal address. Some of the recent concerts I've purchased has only offered an e-ticket as an option.

If buying digital tickets with dynamic barcodes for a group, you will need to send the individual tickets via email to those people, who in turn need to have/set up a Ticketmaster account. This option shows up when the digital ticket has been issued under "My Tickets" on your account. When viewing the tickets "Transfer" appears as an option. The option is grayed out until the tickets have been issued.

As far as i am aware the rational behind this is to stop/reduce the number of questionable resellers of tickets, selling multiple copies of the same ticket to unsuspecting concert/event goers. . i.e. having multiple people showing up to a concert event with the same ticket for the same seat and having most of them refused entry. if you transfer the digital ticket, it will no longer show up on your account but will appear in the account of the person you have transferred the ticket to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭HBC08

If thats Your biggest gripe with Tickermaster you are doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Live Nation own the venues, Ticketmaster, the promoters, and have exclusive deals with the record labels. It’s monopoly capitalism and it’s awful. Should never have been allowed to happen, but US regulators love a monopoly funnily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭thebourke

who dictates the ticketmaster prices?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Eddie Vedder tried to warn us about this in the 90's- we just couldn't understand him.

Tiiiiickkkettttmaaaassssterrrr aaaaarrrrrre baaaaaaddddd guyuyuyus- don't giiiive the the-e-e-emmm bbbbuuuusssssssinnnnnesssss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

He's changed his beliefs in the past few years judging by current ticket prices

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

The promoters, usually in conjunction with the artists but not always.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,873 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The artists, their management and the promoters. Ticketmaster accept being the whipping boy taking all the abuse but all they do is sell the tickets as requested by the artists/promoter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Why do people think it’s just Irish that get screwed by Ticketmaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The management of the act and promoters, who many are owned by LiveNation. So they own the venue, ticket agency, promoters and management companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

For a massive fee, typically over €7.50 per ticket. One upcoming convert has the "Service Charge" at a whopping 11.6% of the ticket cost and then they have the audacity to proclaim "Delivery via: eTickets = Free!". Free delivery for issuing a digital ticket, imagine that, what's the service charge so I wonder.

Advertisement