Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bmw dealers of the 70s

Options
  • 27-03-2024 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

My buddy just bought a 70s beemer 750..its a cork reg..was there a dealer in cork or ,

limerick back then.?..i know ardfallen sold the bmw cars in cork in those days..thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,874 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

AFAIK Maddocks in Bray was the only BMW Bike dealer in Ireland for years. The reg on the vehicle is from the owners address not where it was sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

Thanks…first owner was from a salubrious part of cork😊..so he had to hit the east coast to indulge his desire…different times..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,271 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Pat Keogh was a BMW car dealer in Limerick from the 1960s. Went into liquidation in 2009.

Might have sold a few motorcycles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Yes Maddocks was the only dealer. Jimmy Ellis (RIP) Stable lane, did the servicing and repair. What year was it first registered?

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

1975 i think…did anyone bar kearys do them in the south?..seems like a missed opportunity..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

I don't think so. Keary's only had the car franchise as I recall.

I remember travelling up to Bray with Jimmy in the late 70's, to get BMW parts and accessories from Maddocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Keary's have only been doing them 'recently', certainly not back then. Up until Motorrad was formed in Ireland, all bikes were exclusive to Maddocks.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement