Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How close to the neighbour's boundary can I build? (no direct facing windows)

Options
  • 27-03-2024 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

I’ve acquired a plot in a residential area. The northern boundary of this plot adjoins the rear gardens of four semi-detached houses.

The house I’m planning to construct will not have any windows directly overlooking the neighbours.

Given that the 11m distance requirement is not applicable due to the absence of direct-facing windows, I’m looking to find out how close I can construct my house to their boundary without causing any inconvenience to my neighbours, such as obstructing light.

Is there a method to calculate this?

The proposed height of my house is approximately 8.5m, and the length of the neighbouring back garden is around 9m.

Comments

Advertisement