Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delta Force Cleaning - any experience of them?

Options
  • 26-03-2024 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

These guys are doing steam cleaning of driveways etc - going around doors. Just wondering if anybody has used them and how was it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

When you say STEAM cleaning, do you mean pressure washing? alot of guys are doing this, Just make sure if you have cobble lock drive way that you buy fine sand and sweep it back into driveway, Power Washing is great just be careful who does it, paint can get stripped off walls and Neighbours houses can get destroyed in splash back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

There seem to be a lot of transient folk calling around dropping leaflets in letterboxes with similar names/details, offering similar services. I have a few drop in leaflets and then even call to the door offering special offers because they're in the area.

The leaflets look fine, but they only list mobile numbers, not websites which is a big red flag, because you can't google the details or reviews. It's very easy for someone to come up with a leaflet with a name and some mobiles and stick them in a letterbox and then change the name a few months later and do the same thing.

The last lad who called to the door about 3 months ago offering a special offer, I told him I wasn't interested and then later than afternoon I saw him power washing one of the houses up the road. He had some young lad about 10 and he was showing him how to use the power washer, anyway whatever happened that driveway is still only half done; the left half looks pristine and the right half looks as if there's 20 of build-up on it.

TL/DR: If there's no website listed or you can't find any reviews the avoid, otherwise you might end up with a half cleaned driveway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭914

Agree with this, a lot lads say, "we'll clean the drive boss, resand it, and apply a sealer boss"

In reality the blast the shite out of it with a power horse, and it looks great then in a few months it's full of weeds and cobbles begin to sink.

As the posted said, if you have a cobble lock drive, ensure whoever does it actually re applies the correct sand

Advertisement