Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement for hkc securewatch

Options
  • 25-03-2024 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi I have an old hkc 6/10 I think, which I'm looking to upgrade. It's installed approx 20 years. Just wondering what would be the best replacement out there. All sensors are wired.

Looking for any recommendations. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

You could do a straight swap for the latest version of panel, HKC 10270.

This will give you the option to add wire free devices if ever needed also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ARTHUR11

Hi Altor, I would like to ask if you can help me. I have an old panel SW8/12 in which key pad went down, there are 4 wires going in to that key pad Red/Black/Yellow/Blue but there is no 12V and i assume i should have 12V to power that key pad which indicates main panel issue if you haveany idea why? In the meantime i got new SW10270 panel and I wanted to do the swap but in the old one I have wire going to SAAB Hold and Tamper Return and I don't have them on the new panel so I just wondering were I should plug them in the new panel if I do the swap?

Im assuming the fuse for the keypad may have blown if you don't have 12V at keypad end.

The 10270 uses resettable fuses, so if this is the case, when you replace panel and keypad it should work.

SABB is wired into top left on new control panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ARTHUR11

Thank you Altor, you was spot on, fuse was gone but the key pad is dead anyway. I just wondering if I can get key pad for SW8/12 and where is main security setup saved because it was setup in particular way so I hoping if I will replace only the key pad all the setup will stay because stored in main control panel but that's my assumption.

You would need to look adverts and see if you can get one of them keypads.

Programming on the new system can be setup the same as the older HKC.

• Advertisement
Advertisement