Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family courts

Options
  • 24-03-2024 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all

Father not seen daughter in just 6 years. Daughter just about to turn 7. History of drug abuse and domestic violence from father.

He was refused access plus guardianship when child was a baby.

Now all these years later he looking for both again.

Daughter has no idea who he is. Never asked about having a dad. So he is a complete stranger to her.

There was severe treats made to me in the past, had a protection order which he broke. Cannot say what he done as investigation ongoing.

Severly afraid of Daughter ever being around him due to dangerous behaviour.

Anyone aany idea what way this could pan out for me this time round?

Thanks

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hello there.

When you have verified your account by clicking on the link we sent to your email, try asking in our Legal Discussion forum below:

https://www.boards.ie/categories/legal-discussion

The first thing you should know is that we do not give legal advice on Boards. We can tell you the law says, and you can decide what you want to do. For example, if somebody punches me in my face, that is illegal and I would call the police for help.

Also, if somebody is breaking a court order of any kind, they can be arrested and be in big trouble with the courts.

I would encourage you to call Women’s Aid for free on 1800 341 900 which is a confidential service that may be able to help you. They are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Have a chat with Women’s Aid and see how things go. That’s about as much help as I can offer at this time, but I wish you well.

https://www.womensaid.ie/ for additional information.

Take care,

-Shield

Advertisement