Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why am I modding Twitter, for free?

Options
  • 24-03-2024 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭

So I signed up to twitter Community Notes team there a couple weeks ago, and now any post in my feed that has a pending note on it asks me to rate it, and you click in and there could be four or five competing notes to consider, and verify (if you want), and maybe the same amount of notes arguing that a note isn't needed at all...

There's some drama in it and it's great craic, but I'm thinking to myself "I could be doing this, or something similar, on boards, also for free..."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Twitter is an appalling cesspit owned by a truly awful man. I only use it occasionally to wind up cranks, morons, shinnerbots and far-right mouthbreathers. Successfully I might add.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,662 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

LinkedIn have introduced something similar and it’s simply to drive engagement on the platform. It’s the “Ask An Expert” thing where people are invited to answer questions. I’ve no idea how to stop it or block it or turn off the notifications because it’s just incredibly annoying.

If anyone knows how to stop it that’d be great 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 20,498 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I haven't seen the Mouth Breathers mentioned on Boards for a few years.

Advertisement