Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car no claims bonus issue

Options
  • 24-03-2024 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Looking for some advice here on my no claims bonus.

My car insurance is up for renewal next month and my current insurance provider is not giving me a 1 year no claims bonus for the previous year.

I had an accident on March 12th 2023 to a parked car which obviously affected my NCB back then which is fine. But since that incident I will have 1 year car insurance from April 10th 2023 to April 9th 2024 during which I have no claims. Surely I'm owned 1 year NCB for this period, since the accident happened in March 2023 and shouldn't affect the insurance period starting April 2023, right?

Can someone please tell me if I am missing something here? Or does NCB go by claim payout date and not the incident date?

Comments

Advertisement