Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Princess of Wales has cancer

Options
  • 22-03-2024 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭

So on top of Charles being diagnosed with cancer it's now been revealed the Princess of Wales has also been diagnosed and is undergoing treatment for cancer.

"Kensington Palace said it would not be sharing the type of cancer, adding: "The princess has a right to medical privacy, as we all do."

The princess's chemotherapy began in late February, although it is unclear when it will end."

Threadbans:

hotmail.com

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,596 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Terrible news for her family and her. Mother of 3 children

ruthless disease

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Royals are having it tough

Hoping she recovers fully as 3 young kids

I'm speculating is it ovarian, could have had hysterectomy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

i just think it's disgusting that poor woman had to divulge that. i dont care about status, tax payers money or any other bull. we are all entitled to privacy. i wish her well and a speedy recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

What a miserable life she has. Going through all the usual trials and tribulations of family life, except doing it in a fishbowl.

Hopefully people will just leave the fukk alone now, to go through her chemo and recuperate in peace, with her family.

English tabloid vulture c**ts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Dont give a fcuk about Royals, but wouldnt wish cancer on anyone. Hope she makes a full recovery.

Cancer is a cnut.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Absolutely **** thing to face and hope the treatment goes fine. Hopefully puts an end to speculation tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

Hopefully the media vultures will now leave her alone and give her and her family some space and privacy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Wishing her a speedy recovery.

However this proves the speculation was mostly correct, something was up, out of the ordinary, which drove all the speculation. As time went on the speculation got more wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,850 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I am guessing she wanted to hold off until the kids were finished for Easter possibly. The press (British press are absolutely horrendous) and Internet trolls should maybe take this as a sign to wise up. It's a shame she felt she had no choice but to do a video announcement.

Very sad, three wee kids as well, hopefully the treatment goes really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

What does it matter to you WHAT sort of cancer it is, or anyone else outside her family’.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

It goes to show that no matter who you are or how rich you are, cancer affects everyone. Tough to have 2 recently diagnosed in the one family.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,204 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

The British press were almost certainly aware that she had cancer for quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Fergus Walsh of BBC News has reported on the News at 6 that it's not known what type of Cancer she has been diagnosed at the moment.

However she has been receiving her treatment of preventative chemotherapy since last month. Although the feelings among her having the illness has been very positive.

What a terrible time for Kate and her family. I thought Charles getting treatment for cancer was enough bad news for the Royal Family. However this story about Kate's health has been reverberating within the media for quite a while. It seems that one illness want to commit a double dose of misery seemingly without any questions asked about how this illness got to them so quickly in the 1st place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

What a cruel cruel blow for a young family. I can hear my late grandmother saying, things come in threes.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭n.d.os

Social Media has turned into a cesspit. Even within my own circles, some of the nonsense people were saying about her. I worry fake news is making people stupid. Wishing her a full recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Psychedelic Hedgehog

No matter what your political persuasion or opinions on the monarchy, what a terrible time that family are going through, especially William to have a father and a wife suffering with that ba$tard illness.

I hope all turns out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

I know someone on the recovery of that - pretty horrible alight - the recovery time is actually quite long so I hope she’s left in peace to come back in her own time- regardless of the specifics

I wish her only happiness for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Fake news/social media is just exposing stupidity. Back in the day it was just contained to pub stools.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If her speaking up, saves lives with symptoms etc., it is a good thing, she is a member of the Royal family so the media and others are going to speculate, sorry if my speculation bothers you

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Very sorry to hear that. It does explain why the royal family and the media have been acting so weirdly, perhaps unsure how to deal with the news or whether to reveal it or not.

Hopefully, she makes a full recovery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭winstonia

This news should keep the British press away alright

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Photobox

Wish her all the best, what a terrible time for the royal family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Every news outlet that hounded her for the last few weeks, and eejits making jokes about her, is a cnut

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Terrible the way she has been hounded and all the conspiracy theorists floating about.

Looks like she was forced out and I hope the family are left alone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John arse

Regarding her privacy,the royals live their lives in the public eye- that's what they all sign up for.That's why Harry quit. I wish her well.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,677 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I can see that both ways, because they live such public lives, a bit of privacy could be a welcome reprieve when dealing with something so inherently personal. I reserve that if there was eg. a common link between the Royals cancer (no evidence of that to date and don't actually wish to steer speculation in that direction).

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭KevMayo88

Poor woman. It's awful she was forced into having to make that video to appease the media frenzy. I hope she makes a full recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭ToweringPerformance

• Registered Users Posts: 7,048 ✭✭✭prunudo

Yes, I agree. Heard Jenny Bond in an interview last week about the photoshopping story and she essential said, there's no conspiracy and people need to back off. Can't remember her exact words but struck me that she knew more than what was publicly reported. Equally, in the last couple days Piers Morgan has also been telling people to leave the conspiracies out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭supereurope

Now that we know what we do, it's very disturbing that the Palace let her take the blame for the manipulated photo. "Protect the heir" indeed.

Advertisement