Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade to Fibre with Virgin Media - No Recorder Box

Options
  • 22-03-2024 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We were upgraded to fibre this week and got a new broadband router in the house. It had to come into a different room from the outside supply box so it's quite far now from the TV room.

Unfortunately we were told that the 360 Box we had for the TV is not compatible with fibre and so it was taken away. We were just given a tiny square which connects through Wifi for the channels.

The problem is we can't record anymore. If we use the on demand or look back, you cant skip forwards in the show to the part you want to see. (eg.. we wanted to see our kid in the Patrick's day parade on TV, or look at the 3rd guest on Tommy Tiernan for example).

Is there any way that people have worked it out to have a recorder box on this system?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Being discussed here OP:

The answer is for the moment no, cloud recording might slowly come back as deals are done, but that might take a bit.

Otherwise you’ll have to move platform, Sky will still install Sky Q if you can have a dish. Not sure if you agreed to a new contract as part of fibre install but if not you could look at moving to eir who have the recording issue sorted (but have less channels and worse customer service).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RetroEncabulator

Donno about the Eir customer service being bad anymore tbh. Have had to deal with them a few times and they’ve been pretty good. Whatever has happened they seem to have fixed the issues.

Eir certainly was abysmal for CS but it has clearly been addressed. It was a major issue.

I found Sky far worse to deal with tbh in recent years.

(Best telco customer service I’ve had has been 3 bill pay / business.)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

When I had eir broadband I had to ring/email them 40 times to cancel. No joke, it coloured my experience of them, though to be fair they credited me for the additional time (about three months) I was stuck with them after my original request to cancel had been made.

They definitely have the most mature of the streaming platforms, and full kudos to them for sorting the recording issue when no one else has done so (they had a four year head start though), although with the demise of eir Sport my particular reason for taking them is gone.

Advertisement