Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart meter. Opt out options

Options
  • 21-03-2024 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I currently have a dual plan with electric Ireland with 24 hour rate for electricity. I also have a smart meter. I am thinking of moving to energia smart day and night dual plan. Their vat inclusive day rate is 30 cent and night rate is 17 cent. Their 24 hour rate is 28.31 cent. Given that my heating and oven are gas and that I am not overly comfortable with running washing machine and dishwasher at night for safety reasons I think a 24 hour rate would make more sense. If I did choose the day/night rate could I opt out of that in future to a smart meter 24 hour rate (with same or different supplier). Thanks in advance

Comments

Advertisement