Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My boss won’t sign my employers letter for job seekers.

Options
  • 21-03-2024 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I work in a shop for two years I have no contract, nothing but recently for the past few weeks and a few weeks in between before this I have received zero hours of work. Recently I had decided to attempt to receive welfare benefits about two weeks ago I’ve filled out all paperwork necessary but the employer’s letter. I go into my place of work and my boss isn’t in so I hand it to one of the mangers and he rings in asking if he can sign the papers or send it off to whomever needs to fill them. I leave and return after the weekend seeing as my boss doesn’t work the weekends. As it turns out two or three weeks prior I had missed a day of work I wasn’t aware of. My mistake I apologise profusely to everyone that would listen and this was the first time something like this ever happened. Once I go into my bosses office he says “I didn’t have time, nor do I think I should be wasting my time signing papers for someone who doesn’t show up.” I apologise profusely again but he says he’ll have it signed later that week. I return later that week with no form more attitude and him saying he’ll send it to someone and I’ll receive an email. It’s been over a week and no email, what do I do?

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

Advertisement