Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late night with the devil

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭well24

Ha thanks might try that one myself.. flicked through the trailer there..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Weirdly, I'm seeing a bunch of reviews claiming the film uses AI Art, and thus getting a bit slammed?

The concept looks pretty neat and David Dastmalchian is a fabulous character actor; though surely nothing will beat the time the BBC genuinely pulled an Orson Welles and did this exact concept - but never told its audience it was all fake. It was even "presented" by Michael Parkinson himself and caused its own mini panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

This looks interesting but not too many showings about unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

It gets 4.5 out of 5 in RTÉ review.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭Musicrules

I thought it was David McSavage on the still from the trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

He actually looks a bit like Martin Brennan.

Bit of a mixed bag for me, really interesting premise and it looks fantastic for the most part but it didn't have many scares at all it had more laughs. Also some of the CGI was useless it's a shame because the practical stuff is excellent. The big positive is Dastmalchian, I know he is in everything (in small roles) but this was a terrific showcase. It was also short but didn't entirely feel it.

My other half hated it and almost fell asleep...

5.5/10

• Registered Users Posts: 11 KkomradeWarrior

Wanna watch is so bad is it good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

It's decent but not amazing.

I guess you'd call it 3 stars.

I found it a little too camp or kitsch to be scary or creepy but it wasn't a comedy either.

The Taylor Sweeney film Immaculate might be the better of the two horrors but I haven't seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Saw it last night, I liked it. The 70s talk show format suited the story, and there was always an eerie build up to the shocking end, with bits of slapstick thrown in. Great performances from all. Very good horror film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Lily Aldridge

I'll definitely watch this later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 emilyhlib

I wanted to watch this movie but don't remember the name, thanks for sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I remember that.

The team at the haunted house encounter something, there is few minutes of panic and the transmission goes death.

I can’t remember what I thought at the time, like whether I believed it or not.

Would this be the first “found footage” film? I must research who came up with the idea.

First one I am guessing would be cannibal holocaust.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

And a film whose violence and publicity campaign caused the director to be charged with obscenity, then murder, in a Milanese court; the initial ruse was to have the actors who died on-screen stay out of the public eye and promotions for the movie, to cause a bit of a stir. Maybe they were actually killed? So when the director got charged with murder, they had to get the actors to come out of hiding to prove it wasn't a Snuff Movie.

Post edited by pixelburp on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Watched this last night. After all the hype, I was hugely underwhelmed. It just wasn't very...y'know....good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,253 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Was ok but don't think it deserves the high rating its got, 5.5/10 for me - not really scary at all but just entertaining

No one makes good horror movies anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

We've had loads of great horrors in the last few years imho. Barbarian, Possessor, Pearl are just what's coming to mind right now. This one felt more like it was aiming for an element of comedy that doesn't hit too hard but overall enjoyed it. Likely won't go back to it any time soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭micks_address

seen it at the weekend, liked the premise/set up and about 3/4s of it but falls apart in the end… would have been interesting if it delved into a bit more of what went on in the woods..

Advertisement