Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Authority Graduate Programme 2024

Options
  • 19-03-2024 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi All,

Did anyone apply for the recent Local Authority Graduate Programme run by the Local Government Management Agency?

Just wondering if anyone knows what the next stages in recruitment are? Or if anyone has experience participating in or completing this programme before, I would greatly appreciate hearing about your perspective on the role and whether you found it valuable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lavidaes

Hiya, me too. I've received the email letting me know I've made it to the shortlisting stage following the situational judgement test. As far as I'm aware, after getting shortlisted comes interviews, then offers. How many areas did you apply for?

I would also greatly appreciate hearing others perspectives on the programme, as well as how competitive the process is. Especially after just stumbling across those threads from 2021 where people were saying only applicants with postgraduate qualifications were being accepted. 🥴 Is that still the case?

Best of luck, OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bella1307

Hi!! I got the same email, but I didn’t score very well in my situational test so I’d imagine I’ll be low on the order of merit for interviews, if I was even offered one.

I saw that thread too about only accepting postgrads 😬 I have a level 9 postgrad but not an MSc.. not sure if that is enough, but hopefully.

I applied for 2 areas in 2 districts but tbh I applied with my eye on one particular position in my local council that’s not even related to my discipline 😂 The councils that have roles related to my discipline would end up been an hefty commute for me. But we’ll see how it all unfolds over the next week or so and see if I’m even offered an interview. What about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 321Marie123

Hello everyone! So, I've completed the Graduate Dilemmas test, and I received an email ( 9 days ago) from the test provider saying that LGMA will be in touch with me soon and that they are pleased to inform me that I have achieved the required standard. But, it's been a while, and I haven't received any email yet. Now I'm wondering if either they didn't select me for the first round or if it hasn't even started yet. Has anyone been invited for an interview already, perhaps? Thanks, and best of luck!

I would just add that I also received an email informing me that I was entering the shortlisting for the interview, but my email ended up in spam, so I didn't realize I had it. I don't know how I missed checking the spam for a few days. Has anyone received a confirmation email after that email for ranking after shortlisting?

Hey, I wouldn't worry about it. The email mentions that shortlisting will take 10 days, presumably working days, so we probably won't hear from them until later next week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 zara123

Has anybody heard anything back yet?

I got an email today saying I had been shortlisted for an interview in both of the regions I applied for 😊

congrats Bella! Which region did you apply to btw? I wonder if they’re shortlisting is done region by region?

• Advertisement

I’m not sure what way the shortlisting is done but I applied for Border & Western and Eastern & Midlands region! Hopefully you guys will get your emails on Monday 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Gimley999

Did anyone get an email today

• Registered Users Posts: 2 john12222

I received an email on Friday that I had been successfully shortlisted for interview in the southern region. Also in the email was confirmation that if I had selected a second region (which I did) that I would also be called for interview in that region and stated that I would receive a second email. However I have not yet received any such email. I wonder is anyone else in this scenario?

Congrats John just wondering if you have a postgrad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 john12222

Hi thanks. Yes I have a postgrad

I wonder if they are only interviewing candidates with postgrads like they did in 2021.

Yeah, I got an email today saying I was unsuccessful. I got 7.5 but needed an 8.5 for my stream. I'm currently in the final year of my undergrad so I wasn't expecting to get through. For the stream I applied for, at least in my region (community development), It must have had a lot of candidates with post-grads. Seemed like a great program, and best of luck to everyone who got interviews. I'm finding it really difficult as an undergraduate to get any grad programme so I wasn't really surprised.

It's a pity they didn't say that from the beginning save themselves having to sift through so many applicants.

Yeah, I get your frustration, however, I don't think every stream required a post-grad. If you still haven't received an email you may still get through. Best of Luck!

You too zara hope you get fixed up with something soon

• Advertisement

Today I received an email informing me that I have been successfully shortlisted for an interview in the Dublin region, so I just want to reassure you that it seems emails are still arriving.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kb1234

hello,

I received an email saying I've been shortlisted for interview (I only applied for Dublin region, but not sure which stream I've been selected for, I applied for the community development one and the environment one). I don't have a post grad degree, just a level 8. Do I have any hope of being selected? Not sure how much I should prepare for the interviews if I don't have much of a shot!

Thanks.

If I was you I'd try as hard as possible. If you have been called for interview I would say you are on an even playing field with everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lavidaes

Who else received the email today with their scores breakdowns?😁 Seems to still be really competitive. I applied to five skills areas, and was (understandably) only shortlisted for one of those, but luckily it was the area I was hoping for most.

Any idea what the maximum possible score is? I'm curious if it's only relevant for shortlisting or if they'll take that number is taken into account when making a decision post-interview as well. 🤔 Good luck folks!

Advertisement