Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold bridging / insulation

Options
  • 19-03-2024 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Possibly over thinking this but have seen this concept of cold bridging etc and can't really say I understand it and whether I need to take it into account here.

I've removed an external vent cover and removed an old fkexi ducting pipe. I'm replacing with rigid ducting. All fine. Only query I have is that basically the "hole in the wall" is massive, a good square foot, and inside that hole there's a lot of empty space before I hit a dedicated ducting tunnel, when I install the new duct I'm left with a massive kind of empty space inside the external wall. So this was always like this I just didn't know about it. Just wondering before I close up a new vent, should I shove a bit of earthwool or the like into the hole? Not sure if I'm then causing issues with hot or cold bridge or I even need to look into this?

Thanks for any suggestions

Comments

Advertisement