Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2024 - Round 3: Melbourne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I wouldn't be as sure in the Ferrari situation, or the Mercedes-Benz for that matter. Depending on the track Sainz has as much chance to bring home points as LeClerc. Likewise with Russell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

The F3 race is live shirtly at 12:15am. Just before bedtime.

I'll catch up with qualy and the race on the morning replays.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,021 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

yes, he should have told his bosses he was refusing to do his job.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I was all intending to get up for the qualifying but I’m honestly shattered tired. I will be watching the race live though.

Some fantastic racing in this F3 sprint race. Spoiler: Alex Dunne up to 11th from 17th-ish. Currently have a safety car with 5 laps to go... He may hit the points.

• Advertisement

Alex Dunne finished 9th in the sprint to earn himself 2 points. Not a bad effort considering his starting grid position.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

That was a cracking race all around. Dunne drove really well, up 8 places

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Mad stuff going on with the tires, they are having to do so many laps to get them working.

Hamilton did his best time there on 7 lap old tires!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

**** it I know I said I wouldn’t watch it live but I’m wide awake and can sleep in tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Back of the grid for Danny Ric, looks like another disappointing weekend for him

• Advertisement

Ricciardo looks a shell of his former self, this is just like his McLaren days.

It's looks like he has just lost it, Lawson could be getting that seat sooner than he thinks

Hamilton out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭CFlat

Very impressive lap from Tsunoda.

Tsunoda has really upped his qualifying game, Hamilton didn't look like he had the pace at all

That’s a shock, Chandhok had them as 3rd best this weekend during FP…eating them words now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

What happened to Hamilton?

Nice one Max, caught the last 10 mins.

Excellent drive from Sainz especially with the surgery must have been tough going. You'd so easily mistake Alex for his father, the voice is so alike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭CFlat

Verstappen just seems to be able to eek out that last little bit to put her on pole. He's an extraordinary driver.

Had my appendix out when I was about 15. I was walking at a right angle like Mr. Magoo for about 4 weeks after. Amazing to see Sainz in a F1 car so soon after his op and performing well too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Delighted for Carlos. It's class to see someone who has lost their seat outperforming their teammate like that.

In the last 2/3 season, Carlos has grown into a real top class driver - literally week by week.

I have my own weird logic that Charles being a very talented driver, has been pushing a poor Ferrari to a level that it technically cannot reach resulting in wobbles and crashes that have cost him dearly. Carlos on the other hand, while driving to the best of his ability in the same car has had a far more successful term. And significantly on top of that, Carlos seems to be developing a real racing brain and he could like become the new "wily old Spaniard" in the years to come.

He also seems like a top guy too. Looks like he has a solid team around him too - with his cousin and his Dad. They seem to make good decisions too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Perez drops from 3rd to 6th for the race start tomorrow for impeding Hulkenberg. So Norris, Leclerc and Piastri all move up a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Ocon getting into Q2 gave me a little bit of cheer.

Lewis is in for a rude awakening next year when he goes up against Charles. Although he’s already behind his teammate so far this year too and you’d expect that to remain the case as George should get preference with upgrades and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

He struggled to control the car really, they showed onboard footage before Q3 and you could see how much of a battle it was for him.

He knows he wasn't going to be getting anything out of this season, it will be worse though as others have said as he is practically the Number 2 driver now.

The odd reference to “I bet he can’t wait to get into the Ferrari”, I wonder what Ferrari are thinking looking at his performances now!

That or he is going off the boil (I have torn for suggesting that before). Wether Russell can just deal with a slippy car more then him, but this isn’t the Hamilton of old.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement