Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting old vented central heating system to unvented

Options
  • 18-03-2024 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I am fitting a second hand pellet boiler at home, taking out a firebird popular.

New boiler throwing a code saying low water pressure, haven't enough head in the attic. Waiting to hear from manufacturerto see if I can adjust the low water pressure parameter, so this may not be needed, but I may need to convert the system to a pressurised system.

Question is, does the following make sense as a way of doing it? I'm not a plumber so bear with me on the lingo.

I'm also not converting the hot water tank to ventless, just the boiler circuits.

I was thinking of sticking a non return valve on the fill pipe from the header tank in the attic, and dead ending the vent pipe into an air bleeder and pressure vessel before it goes off into the attic (vent pipe tees off the coil in hot water cylinder) so the pressure vessel would end up in the hot press above HWC.

Thinking this way it can still auto fill if it needs to for some reason, or if that's a problem I can just use a ball valve instead of the non return valve.

Seems to me this is the least intrusive way of doing it? Interested to know if this is a standard method of doing it or not, I have no idea.

Comments

Advertisement