Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Attaching Security Cameras to Wall with Really Thick EPS Insulation

Options
  • 18-03-2024 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Our new build house is built of concrete blocks with 350mm of EPS attached to it and acrylic render over it.

We want to attach a bunch of security cameras to the walls, there are ethernet cables in place to power them/connect them like this:

The problem is you can't really screw into the insulation (it's very soft) and trying to use 350-400mm screws to go through to the wall of the house is not ideal also.

So I'm looking for a solution as to how to attach them.

Best I can come up with is:

I glue a steel sheet (maybe 20 x 20 cm in 5mm steel) to the acrylic using Tec 7 or similar with a hole for the cable to come through.

I then attach the cameras to these sheets using self tapping screws for metal. They'll mainly be attached to the metal but sticking into the render/start of the insulation also.

The cameras are not particularly heavy (most are about 500 grams) so I suspect the weight should not be much of an issue.

We then render over the metal in the same white render as the house to cover over it.

Does this sound doable? If not let me know if you have any alternatives to try? Looking for a simple solution.

Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement