Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorsat and UK fta in canada

Options
  • 17-03-2024 3:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Emigrated and still want to get the sports from home etc

We're in Toronto.

Can we get saorsat and the bbc etc here?

I've seen some online UK companies that sell an entire package with the 2lnbs, a switch, a special bracket and 80cm dish and receiver. Obviously the shipping for all that would be nuts but if I just got the bracket, 2 lnbs I could surely get an auld 80cm dish here and wire it up to a zgemma box?

Is it doable?

For bonus points can I take it one step further and get canadian fta sat channels on the same dish some how? How do I put a 3rd lnb/angle to diff sat on one dish?

I might need a pro for that maybe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Saorsat and BBC satellite would not reach Canada. too far over the horizon

online might be your best chance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

As Gerry says and to elaborate. There is no legitimate way to get the fta channels or Irish channels in Canada. Blame the earth being round. 😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭andy1249

You cannot receive UK or Irish channels via satellite dish/equipment in Canada.

The Beam Footprints for both do not reach canada.

Tyoe Saorsat or 28.2 east footprints into google and look at the images , this will show you maps with the footprint overlaid. These are the areas where it is possible to get UK channels via satellite.

If you want those channels in Canada , look up local IPTV packages that contain them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

OP, what “sports from home” do you want to watch.

GAAGO is available in Canada and will give you all the GAA games (including games that in Ireland are on RTE/TG4/BBC).

If you want football the LOITV service is available.

Likewise rugby is available on URC TV.

If you are looking for UK competitions, you will likely find them on either TSN or Roger’s Sportsnet.

Advertisement